22 February 2007

Super Sweet

Of course, since this is a modern, OS X Mac, everything went off without a hitch. Plug everything in, and go! I didn't have to try to type a license key that i could only see from the floor, or figure out how to uninstall a bunch of OEM crapware.

The only glitch was a Logitech camera that, it turns out, isn't supported on the Mac (i bought it for use with my old laptop, anyways). Macam gets it partly working, but it doesn't seem to interact with the camera's microphone. I was hoping to use it with Skype to videoconference at work. (Actually, i bought it because someone at work told me i oughtta; i have no desire to videoconference.)

My old Thinkpad has been relegated to the Rumsfeld in the corner. It will be a while before i can do my day job without it, though. ("Don't worry little guy, we love you just as much as we love your new baby brother. Now be a good boy, and play outside until you're college age.")

New to-dos:
  • Get an actual mousepad (glass-topped desk no good for optical mouse);
  • Finally run a network cable to my office, so i'm not using wireless for this puppy;
  • Get Parallels up and running.
This is the heaviest computer i've ever owned.












And yes, i know i'm a suck photographer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, the Mac Pro and its ancestors are way too heavy. I hope they replace that case soon.